version of the Spanish diary is provided, with emphasis in the international
activities or contacts.
(1) Lioudmila Volkova (Russia): photocopies of several publications
about the conservation status of Lucanidae in Russia and the former
Soviet Union (January 2001).
(2) Zaharia Neculiseanu (Association of Zoologists of the Republic of
Moldova, Moldova): status and distribution maps of L. cervus,
D. parallelepipedus and Pl. caraboides in the Republic
of Moldova (February 2001).
(3) Niklas Lönnell (Artdatabanken, Swedish Agricultural University):
provided the distribution map of L. cervus in Sweden (March 2001).
(4) Dmitry Telnov (Latvia): information about L. cervus in Latvia
(5) Kate Lancaster (UK): kindly proof readed the homepage of GTLI (October
(1) Sven G. Nilsson (Lund University, Sweden): Information requested
on the abundance of Ceruchus chrysomelinus in Spain (January
2001). Information provided.
(2) Martin Sanford (Suffolk Biological Records Centre, United Kingdom):
request of a reprint of the paper Álvarez Laó & Álvarez
Laó (1996) (March 2001).
(3) Michael D. Warriner (Mississippi State University, USA): Information
requested on sampling methods in lucanids (September 2001). Information
and further contact addresses provided.
(4) Taylor Lee Jackson (Virginia, U.S.A.): This 7 years old boy asked
for a summary of GTLIs activities for his school.
with other groups
(1) GTLI sent information about its activities to the secretary of the
International Biodiversity Observation Year (IBOY) (January 2001).