version of the Spanish diary is provided, with emphasis in the international
activities or contacts.
(1) On behalf of GTLI, Marcos Méndez (Sweden) attended the 2nd
Symposium and Workshop on the Conservation of Saproxylic Beetles in
Ancient Trees held from 25 to 27 June at the Royal Holloway, London
University, and organized by the Peoples Trust for Endangered
Species and English Nature.
(2) Philip Francis Thomsen (Denmark) started to get data in order to
document the range decrease and subsequent extinction of L. cervus
in Denmark, studying its potential causes and to inform on the suitable
places for a potential reintroduction.
(1) The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County (California, EE.UU.)
sent information on Spanish specimens of L. cervus y P. barbarossa
present in its collections (June 2002).
(2) Hans H. Silfverberg (Finland) reported the Lucanidae species present
in Finland, as well as their conservation status (June 2002).
(3) Peter Zach (Slovakia) reported the Lucanidae species present in
Slovakia, as well as their conservation status (June 2002).
(4) Vincent Vignon (France) provided data about P. spinifer y
S. cylindricum in northern Spain (June 2002).
(5) Veerle Versteirt (Royal Belgian Institute of Natural Sciences, Belgium)
provided information about Lucanidae species present in Belgium and
conservation status of L. cervus (July 2002).
(6) Eva Sprecher (Natural History Museum Basel, Switzerland) provided
information about Lucanidae species present in Switzerland and conservation
status of L. cervus (August 2002).
(1) Markus Rink (Germany): Information requested on the distribution
and abundance of L. cervus in towns, as well as basic natural
history data of the species (June 2002). Information provided.
(2) Roger Cammaerts (Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium)
requested reprints and information about Spanish populations of L.
cervus (July 2002). Information provided.
with other groups
(1) GTLI becomes member of the e-mail distribution list about European
saproxylophagous insects created by Dmitry Telnov.