version of the Spanish diary is provided, with emphasis in the international
activities or contacts.
(1) Publication of the article:
Grupo de Trabajo sobre Lucanidae Ibéricos (2003).
Distribution ofPseudolucanus barbarossa (Fabricius 1801) (Coleoptera,
Lucanidae) in the Iberian peninsula. Boletín de la S.E.A.
32: 257-266. (in Spanish)
(1) Luca Bartolozzi (Italy): redords of P. barbarossa (January
(2) Benoit Dodelin (France): information about the habitat of S.
cylindricum (June 2003).
(3) Matthew Smith (UK): information about the habitat and natural history
of S. cylindricum (June 2003).
(4) Dmitry Telnov (Latvia): information about the habitat and natural
history of S. cylindricum (June 2003).
(5) Johannes Gepp (Austria): information about the status ofL. cervus
in Austria (September 2003).
(6) Johannes Gepp (Austria): copies of the red data books of Austria
and Alto Adige (Italy) (October 2003).
(7) Maria Fremlin (UK) sends a copy of the book "A modern review
of the history of the Stag Beetle in Great Britain" (November 2003).
(5) Nicklas Jansson (Sweden) requests information about the distribution
of L. cervus in Europe. Information provided.
with other groups
(1) Contact with Deborah Harvey (UK) in order to carry out studies of
capture-recapture of L. cervus in the Iberian peninsula and genetic
studies (April 2003).
(2) Contact with Peter Sutton (UK) in order to write an article about
the situation of L. cervus in Europe (September 2003).